- Q What makes Oasis TEARS lubricating eye drops different from other artificial tears?
Oasis TEARS is a preservative-free, viscoadaptive, lubricating eye drop formulation with the active ingredient, glycerin, to keep tears on the eye surface for a long time. This unique combination lubricates and moisturizes the surface of the eye for instant comfort. With each blink of the eye, it re-lubricates to provide long-lasting relief.
- Q Is it safe for me to use Oasis TEARS? Will Oasis TEARS relieve my dry eye?
Oasis TEARS and TEARS PLUS are safe to use as often as needed since they contain no preservatives and the active ingredient, glycerin, is a natural compound. Oasis TEARS lubricating eye drops are recommended and used by eye care professionals to provide long-lasting relief from dry eyes symptoms.
- Q What kinds of artificial tears can I use?
There are 3 different types of artificial tear products:Preserved artificial tears (Oasis TEARS MULTIDOSE)
- Most artificial tears contain preservatives
- Usually available in multiple-dose bottles
- Recommended for patients using drops less than 4 times per day
- Recommended by eye care professionals for patients with sensitive eyes
- Recommended for patients on chronic eye medications
- Usually available in single-use vials
- Usually recommended for more severe dry eye symptoms and nighttime use
- Oasis TEARS PLUS is thicker, stronger, and preservative-free
- Q Aren’t all eye drops the same?
No. Artificial tears (lubricating drops) are specifically used to treat dry eye, and are different from decongestants, contact lens rewetting solutions, or prescription eye drops.Artificial tears
- Specially made to treat dry eyes by moisturizing and soothing the surface of the eyes for symptoms that include a dry, scratchy or gritty sensation
- Oasis TEARS is an artificial tear that lubricates and protects against irritants
- Used to remove redness due to irritation; works by shrinking the blood vessels to make eyes whiter
- Treats red eyes, but does not treat dry eye problems
- Relieves dryness and irritation that may occur with contact lens wear
- Rewetting solutions are only for contact lenses while in the eye
- Q How can I relieve my dry eye problems?
- Use Oasis TEARS to lubricate and protect your eyes from irritation and dryness.
- Avoid drafts from heating or air conditioning vents in cars, airplanes, and closed environments.
- If using a computer for long periods of time, take frequent breaks to relieve eye strain.
- Certain over-the-counter medications and prescription drugs can contribute to dry eye problems. Talk to your eye care specialist and communicate what medications are being taken.
- Using a humidifier may help relieve the symptoms of dry eyes.
- If you wear contact lenses, remove and clean them when your eyes are feeling dry.
- If having refractive eye surgery to correct your vision (for example, nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism), your eye care professional may recommend preservative-free Oasis TEARS before and after surgery.
- Q What can I do to get treatment for my dry eyes?
Your eye care specialist can determine which treatment is best for your specific condition. This depends on whether your dry eye condition is mild, moderate, or severe. Most people start out using lubricant eye drops to keep the eye moist and comfortable and to protect the eye surface.
- Your eye care specialist may recommend making changes to your environment and also recommend Oasis TEARS to relieve your discomfort.
- Your eye care specialist may recommend that you take regular breaks from computers, television, and reading to rest your eyes. This will increase your blink rate and lubrication of your eyes.
- Your eye care specialist may suggest decreasing or eliminating the use of certain medications that may cause dry eye.
- Q If artificial tears do not relieve my dry eye, what else can I use?
If you are using artificial tears several times a day and still do not have relief, you may suffer from moderate to severe dry eye. Punctum plugs are a treatment option that can be used if needed.
Punctum plugs are inserted into the tear duct of an eye to block tear drainage. This increases the eye’s tear film and surface moisture to relieve dry eyes. Oasis offers a wide range of punctum plugs, including SOFT PLUG® silicone punctum plugs, which are flexible, comfortable, and dependable; and FORM FIT® plugs made of a soft, bendable material that is easily removable. Contact your eye care specialist and ask if punctum plugs would help your chronic dry eye problem when used with Oasis TEARS.